The Gathering 2018 will again take place at the SEC in Glasgow, and will incorporate other key third sector events, exhibitions and bring together more delegates, exhibitors and will have greater exposure. The Gathering will be launched in September and will be promoted through a comprehensive marketing and communications plan, which includes its own dedicated website linked to the main SCVO website and our partners’ websites. This allows sponsors to in effect have a 6 month engagement with the Scottish third sector and wider civil society through our communications and marketing – a significant benefit which adds increased value to the sponsorship package.
Headline figures for 2017 Gathering
- 106 exhibitors
- 58 events took place, 6258 individual event slots booked
- 3,088 visitors over the 2 days
- 2017 media coverage – 70 news items reaching 14.8 million people
- 4,009 tweets sent with the #ilovecharity hashtag
- 13,263 unique visitors to the Gathering website. They accounted for 26,790 sessions and 71,735 page views.
- #ilovecharity trending in the UK, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- 513,945 impressions of @scvotweet #ilovecharity posts.
- 8,464 engagements with @scvotweet #ilovecharity posts.
SCVO are looking to have three complimentary sponsors for the Gathering in 2018 as well as a media partner. Supporting The Gathering as a sponsor will give you great brand exposure and comes with a fantastic package of benefits.
- Acknowledged as sponsor on the Gathering website, includes your logo and a link to your website on the sponsors page and your logo on the footer of the website.
- Logo and acknowledgement on all Gathering electronic marketing which includes communication with SCVO 1,800 members and previous gathering attendees, these will be sent out 12 times throughout the year in the run up to the event.
- Highlighted as sponsors in lead up features in Third Force News, weekly print readership 20,000 and 65,000 web hits a month.
- Opportunity to highlight your work, programmes or involvement at the Gathering through the above electronic marketing communications.
- Logo on all Gathering adverts in Third Force News approximately 25 over a 6 month period.
- Half page advert in the Third force News Gathering special given to all 3,000 visitors
- 2 advertorials throughout the year in Third Force News.
- Mentioned as sponsor on all press related work, press releases.
- Access to 3,000 + pre-registered delegate email addresses for pre and post event communication purposes. This would be done through SCVO.
Gathering participation and involvement
- 6 sq mtr exhibition stand in a prominent position within the marketplace.
- Event room to host 2 events or workshops.
- Opportunity to have an insert/flier handed out to all 3,000 visitors.
- Logo on Gathering t-shirts worn by staff and volunteers at the event.
- Logo on all venue signage including event rooms, TV screens and directional signage.
- Opportunity to address all delegates at key points over the 2 days.
- Opportunity for a representative from your company to join a panel or chair a key SCVO event.
- Opportunity to address guests at evening reception.
Additional brand exposure
- Additional branding will be given to sponsors though welcome signage and posters around the city of Glasgow at George Square, Clyde walkway, various subway stations and taxis, exact locations and timings still to be determined.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss the above package, tailoring a package to suit or any other sponsorship opportunities.